Consider joining us!
Why join Music for Children – Carl Orff Canada – Musique pour enfants?
Almost 1000 people across Canada are members of Carl Orff Canada: Music specialists, classroom teachers, early childhood educators, dance teachers and parents are just a sampling of the people who have seen the benefits of becoming involved with Orff Schulwerk and Carl Orff Canada.
By becoming a member of Music for Children - Carl Orff Canada - Musique pour infants, you are becoming involved in an organization which promotes collegial sharing and quality musical education for children. Advocacy efforts at the national and local levels are ongoing, and assist you in your efforts to provide Orff programs of high calibre. Professional development opportunities are available in the form of workshops, journals, newsletters, courses and conferences.
Your membership in Music for Children - Carl Orff Canada is valid for one year from the date that your membership is received. Yearly memberships entitles you to:
- Three issues a year of the national Orff journal produced by Carl Orff Canada, OSTINATO.
- Three issues a year of the chapter newsletter, MOSAIC
- Significantly reduced workshop fees: The fee for a full day workshop for members is $40, while the fee for non-members is $70.
- 1 free workshop that is usually held in February or March (not available in 2018 due to conference)
- Access to online videos of workshops and workshop notes (even for workshops not attended)
- Reduced registration rate at Canadian Orff Conferences (which are held biannually) AND American Orff Conferences (offered by the AOSA – American Orff Schulwerk Assocation, which are held annually).
- Ability to apply for scholarships offered by the Ontario Orff Chapter AND by Carl Orff Canada: Keith Bissell Scholarship, Gunild Keetman Scholarship, and Carolyn McMillan Research Grant.
- Reduced advertising rates in the national journal (OSTINATO) and in the chapter newsletter (MOSAIC).
REGULAR - $60
STUDENT - $30
Full time undergraduate/ graduate students; student ID required.
RETIRED - $40
Available to those 55+ and/or retired
LIBRARY - $40
Two copies of a one year subscription to Ostinato.
CORPORATE - $100
Entitles the institution to apply for endorsement of Orff Teacher Training courses. No additional fee is required for this service. All institutions applying for course endorsement, other than Orff Chapters, must be corporate members of Carl Orff Canada. Three copies of a one-year subscription to Ostinato; membership privileges and benefits extended to one representative of the corporation/business.